Early Years Leadership Training - 15th October 2015 at LACE (1- 3.30 pm)
G10 LN Cross- School Moderation Meetings are taking place on Wednesday, 18th November 2015 at the following locations:-
EY/Year 1 - Childwall C of E Primary School
Year 2 - Bishop Martin C of E Primary School
Year 3 - St Gregory's Catholic Primary School
Year 4 - Our Lady of the Assumption Catholic Primary School
Year 5 - Much Woolton Catholic Primary School
Year 6 - Norman Pannell School
Advanced Coaching Programme - 2 day programme for Senior Leaders
Thursday 4th February 2016 and Friday 10th March 2016
Inspection Skills Training - 3 day programme
24th May 2016
21st June 2016
8th July 2016
CPD needs for our schools are discussed at our half-termly network Headteacher meetings, with schools identifying key areas of CPD and School-to-School support, based on their own School Development Plans. Strengths within our network schools are identified and curriculum support is offered and shared with school visits; training and teaching and learning observations.
Updates Spring 2015
- Global Learning Programme - March network meetings invited James Lloyd, Assistant Headteacher at SFX College to talk about the new Global Learning Programme. SFX is now the 'Expert Centre' for South Liverpool schools and will offer training, support and resources free to our 'partner' schools - schools need to register by the deadline of 27th March 2015 via the link here http://globaldimension.org.uk/glp/registration . Schools can view the prezi presentation here for further information - https://prezi.com/opxxb6fdzxnm/global-learning-programme/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy
- Primary History Support for Primary Schools - Led by Cassandra Evans, History Subject Leader, St John Bosco School - 27th March 2015 at SJB (network schools to request areas for curriculum support; lesson planning and assessment)
- Magical Maths - sharing 'good practice' by observing this teaching in practice in both Belle Vale Primary School and St Paschal Baylon Primary - new dates will be announced for summer term.
- 'More Able' Maths - we are looking at future joint school projects for 'More Able' pupils with Specialist Leader in Education (SLE) for Maths, Nathan Wright - look out for further news.
- Maths Curriculum Support - we are currently identifying areas for support to our schools around the new primary maths curriculum which will include lesson planning; subject knowledge and assessment. SLE for Maths could lead this - planning meeting for summer term with Chairs of both G10 LN and SLLN networks.
- Enterprise Project - all network schools, cross-phase, have been invited to join the Enterprise Project 2015. The next meeting will be held on 26th March, 1.30 pm at Palmerston School, led by Alison Wheeler, DHT, Palmerston. Schools will come together for an inter-school competition which will be judged by local Business 'Dragons' - provisional date is 3rd July 2015 at SFX College.
- In 2014 schools came together for a competition and also 'showcased' their enteprise ideas at the International Festival for Business' (IFB) Event which was held in Liverpool for the first time - it will return in 2016. We celebrated the success of one of our G10 LN primary schools winning the primary school competition - St Paschal Baylon.*Schools who took part in the Enterprise project 2014 can access information by 'logging in' to the LEARN app - Enterprise to view the Enterprise brochure which was produced and to view some of the photos taken at the events.
- Whole-school Approach to Spelling - a number of G10 LN schools took part in this project, which was led by Liverpool School Improvement as bespoke network training. An evaluation report was produced at the end of the project with some excellent feedback. The network will be looking at 'Next Steps' for this project in the summer term.
- Science - two sessions were led by St Julie's Head of Science, Kate Doran, for both KS2 and KS1 for support to our network primary schools 'Practical Ideas for the New Primary Curriculum' - excellent feedback on this training.